Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ben Hogan "Quotes"




From Ben Hogan
"I always outworked everybody. Work never bothered me like it bothers some people."

"Reverse every natural instinct and do the opposite of what you are inclined to do, and you will probably come very close to having a perfect golf swing."

"Selecting a stroke is like selecting a wife. To each his own."

"I hate a hook. It nauseates me. I could vomit when I see one. It's like a rattle-snake in your pocket."

"I play with friends, but we don't play friendly games."

"Relax? How can anybody relax and play golf? You have to grip the club don't you?"

"There are no shortcuts in the quest for perfection."

"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life."

"You only hit a straight ball by accident. The ball is going to move right or left every time you hit it, so you had better make it go one way or the other."

"I have never achieved what I thought was success. Golf to me is a business, a livelihood in doing the thing that I like to do. I don't like the glamour. I just like the game."

About Ben Hogan

Tommy Bolt: "He was the greatest player I ever played with. If he could putt 25 percent as well as Palmer could, he would have won 50 more tournaments. Don't forget that he made all the putts he had to make to win his nine majors."

Jimmy Demaret: "When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "

Dave Marr: "Hogan plays one game and the rest of us play another."

Writer Will Grimsley: "He was a cold, detached artisan on the course, likened by some observers to an undertaker weaving a shroud of defeat for his adversaries."

Anonymous: "He looks at you like a landlord asking for next month's rent."

1 comment:

  1. I simply want to say I am new to weblog and truly savored you’re website. More than likely I’m want to bookmark your blog . You actually have excellent writings. Thanks a bunch for sharing your web site.

    Jorcel
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete